Here are some basic questions, plumbing FAQs that you should ask every plumber before you allow them to schedule work at your home or office. The questions are standard and the answers are what you will hear from our friendly office staff.
- What is your hourly rate?
- Black Mountain Plumbing Inc. does not charge by the hour, we charge by the job and you will know how much we are charging for each job before we start any work. The benefit is catered to the consumer. If the job takes longer than expected, you don’t pay a dime more.
- The management at Black Mountain Plumbing Inc. has spent countless man-hours creating a flat-rate price book that makes sense for both you the consumer and Black Mountain Plumbing Inc.
- Do you charge for travel time?
- Not within 20 miles of our shop which is located in Scripps Ranch. Our primary service area is inside San Diego County. We do charge a Vehicle Surcharge of $18.50 which pays for fuel and maintenance on the vehicles.
- Do you charge for overtime?
- Yes, of course we do. However, that depends on the job, the day and time. Some jobs just end up running late in which case we will not be charging overtime. Sometimes due to people's schedules, it may be necessary to schedule a service call on a Saturday. Please understand if we get called out after hours or on the weekend, depending on the job, we may need to charge for overtime.
- If you give me a quote, will you ever exceed that price?
- Sometimes we will run into unusual situations after we start the job that may require additional work. We will always stop, inform you of the situation and complete another quote for any price changes. We will always present them to you for approval.
- What is your normal response time?
- As quick as we can. In some cases we can be onsite within 20 minutes! (we cannot be held responsible for traffic, weather or other unforeseen items). We do not have plumbers on standby (commission plumbers) but we will attend to the priority calls on a daily basis as best we can.
- For service calls that are scheduled during normal business hours, we try and provide all of our clients with a 4 hour “window of time” for us to arrive. This allows you the customer time to make any necessary arrangements and allows our Plumbers time to complete any unexpected work on their previous service calls.
- Our office staff is in constant communication with our Plumbers. The vehicles are equipped with GPS for minute by minute tracking, all plumbers have office-to-vehicle texting, as well as cell phones. We encourage our customers to give us a call during or before your scheduled time frame to get a closer estimated time of arrival.
- Are you a licensed contractor?
- Yes. Black Mountain Plumbing, Inc. is a licensed plumbing contractor (C-36) in the state of California. Our license number is 782799.
- Please feel free to go to the Contractor’s State License Board (CSLB) website to check us out at www.cslb.ca.gov
- Remember, if an unlicensed or uninsured worker performs work on your property, and anything goes wrong, you may have a problem with your insurance company paying for any related damages!
- Do you have insurance?
- Yes. Black Mountain Plumbing Inc. carries General Liability insurance ($2,000,000), Workman’s Compensation insurance as well as insurance on all the vehicles.
- For all of our Property Management clients, we provide all necessary waiver of subrogation endorsements as well as the “added insured” endorsement your firm may require.
- What if I need something done in an emergency and you don’t have the parts on your truck?
- We have priority access to our supply houses in emergency situations. If we don’t have it, and it is not available at local home improvement warehouse, we can contact a local supply house and gain access to the require material.
- This assumes it is not a specialty order item, and there is a nominal charge for this exclusive service.
- Are your Plumbers sub-contractors or employees?
- Black Mountain Plumbing Inc. only has employees. All our employees must be drug-free and must pass a stringent criminal background check as well. Each individual hired by Black Mountain Plumbing Inc. is a qualified person to properly represent our company.
- What payment methods does your company accept?
- Black Mountain Plumbing Inc. accepts personal checks, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and cash.
We answer many more plumbing FAQs on our blog site including DIY Plumbing FAQs, and Common Problem plumbing FAQs.